Today we’re making Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch bars! This recipe has 2 of the best combinations, peanut butter and chocolate, and salty and sweet. This is 3 layers of salty crunchy goodness and will be a hit this holiday season. Because they are cut into bars it also makes this recipe a perfect giftable treat!
Peanut Butter & Co. was kind enough to send me some of their products for me to use to create my own unique recipe for their Virtual Recipe Exchange. For the holiday season they are encouraging bakers to #BakeYourselfHappy and create a fun and original treat using one or more of their products.
If you are a peanut butter and chocolate lover like me this recipe is right up your alley. I love cooking, I think it brings people together especially during the holiday season. I honestly feel like baking is my love language. I think baking for friends and family and giving the gift of sweet treats that you made just for them is always a great gift!
Yields: About 18-20 bars
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
4 cups All-purpose flour
2 cups cane sugar
1/2 cup Peanut Butter & Co. Mighty Maple Peanut Butter
1 1/2 cups dairy free butter
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup almond milk
1 bag of dairy free chocolate chips
Here’s what you’ll need:
2 large mixing bowls
2-3 inch baking tray
Microwave safe bowl
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl add your flour, sugar, and baking powder. Mix well with a spoon.
- In a separate bowl add your Peanut Butter & Co. peanut butter, dairy free butter, vanilla extract, and almond milk. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Add your wet mixture to your dry mixture. Go in with clean hands and mix your ingredients until everything is well combined and your dough starts to form.
- Add about a half a teaspoon of vegetable oil to your baking tray and spread the oil all over with a paper towel.
- Add your dough to the baking tray and spread it out evenly across the tray, pat it down so that the dough is as even as possible.
- Bake your base by itself for about 25 minutes (Bake time may vary depending on how big your baking tray is.)
- In a microwave safe bowl add your chocolate chips and place in the microwave. (Microwaves vary so in order to melt your chocolate I would start with 30 second increments until your chocolate chips have melted completely.)
- Pour your melted chocolate over your base and spread it out evenly with a spoon to cover the whole base.
- Break up your pretzels and add as many as you like to the top of the chocolate for your crunchy top layer.
- Once your base has cooled refrigerate it for about 30 minutes so the chocolate can harden back up.
- Remove your tray from the refrigerator and let it come back to room temperature before cutting into bars.
- Serve and enjoy!