Your sweet tooth will thank you. These black bean brownies are soft and indulgent without the guilt!
We all want a sweet treat that is healthy and tastes delicious… HERE IT IS! These black bean brownies are wheat-free and sweetened with maple syrup and dairy-free chocolate chips but still give you the satisfaction of a traditional brownie.
Recipe Creator: Move & Munch
Yields: About 10-12 brownies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 2 cans rinsed and drained black beans
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax seeds, 3 tbsp water. Mix and let sit for 5 minutes)
- 4 tsp cacao powder
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup softened coconut oil
- 3/4 cut oat flour (blend oats, until flour like)
- 2/3 cup Enjoy Life dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- After you have rinsed and drained your black beans, pour them in a blender with the almond milk and blend until you get a smooth consistency.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl. Mix in all of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl mix in the wet ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients into one bowl.
- Fold in all of the ingredients until its well combined, be careful not to over stir.
- In a large oven safe dish pour in the brownie batter. (Make sure the dish or pan is large enough that the batter can spread out to be about an inch thick in the dish. If the dish is too deep and the batter is set to be too thick it won’t bake in the middle. If you only have a small dish then you might to want bake in to batches.)
- Bake for 1 hour on 400 degrees Fahrenheit (at 45 minutes check the brownies with a knife, baking times may vary)
- Let cook for at least an hour or over night. These brownies can be eaten after an hour but are much better once they have set.