Banana nut muffins are great for breakfast on the go, a mid day snack, or a late night treat to end your day.
These are so quick and easy to make and you can make them in large batches to meal prep or freeze for later.
Recipe Creator: Move & Munch
Yields: 12-14 muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 17-19 minutes
Total Time: 27-29 minutes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dairy free butter milk (1 cup almond milk, 1 tbsp vinegar)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seeds, 2 tbsp water. let sit for 5 minutes to thicken)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp pumpkin spice (or 1/2 tsp of each: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and all spice)
- 1 cup walnuts
- Mash your ripe bananas in a bowl then mix in the rest of the wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients. Then add them to the wet ingredients.
- Mix everything well then grease a muffin tin and pour in batter about 3/4 of the way up.
- Bake on 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 17-19 minutes.