If anyone ever tells you that you eat too much chocolate, remove that toxic person from your life, you don’t need that kind of negativity around you!
These Double Chocolate Chip Pancakes are decadent and rich. They are great for a weekend brunch or a sweet birthday breakfast in bed. But I mean let’s be real here, who says you can’t also have breakfast for dinner!!!
Recipe Creator: Move & Munch
Yields: About 7 pancakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dairy free buttermilk (1 cup almond milk, 1 tbsp white vinegar. Let sit for 5 minutes)
- 3/4 cup mini dairy free chocolate chips (My favorites are the ones from Enjoy Life)
- Mix the wet ingredients in a bowl. Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Then combine wet and dry ingredients. Stir until everything is well combined but careful not to over mix.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and grease with coconut oil.
- Pour the batter into the pan and when you see small bubbles start to appear it is time to flip. Repeat until you’ve used all of the batter. This recipe should make about 7 pancakes.
- Top with powdered sugar, nuts or fruit to your liking! (But they are pretty amazing on their own.)