These donut bites may be small but they are full of flavor! I apologize in advance, you won’t be able to stop eating these, prepare yourself now!
Recipe Creator: Move & Munch
Yields: 48 bites
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Spice (You can also use 1 tsp each of cinnamon, nutmeg, giner, and all spice if you don’t have Pumpkin Spice)
- 1/2 cup dairy-free buttermilk (1/2 cup cashew milk, 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, let sit for 5 minutes. Any type of dairy free milk will work.)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seeds, 2 tbsp water. Let sit for 5 minutes)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup dairy free butter
- cinnamon sugar for coating
- Mix all of the wet ingredients in a bowl. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Then combine wet and dry ingredients. (Make sure not to over stir)
- Grease a mini cupcake tray (24 cupcake minis) pour in the batter and bake on 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- Once removed from the oven don’t let the donuts cool completely. While they are still warm, in a small bowl with cinnamon sugar, carefully toss each donut in the cinnamon sugar until it it completely coated. Adding the cinnamon sugar while the donut bites are still warm will help them stick to the donuts. Set on a non stick pan or tin foil to cool completely. Add second coat of cinnamon sugar if needed.