The temperature is starting to drop so this Potato Leek Soup is just what you need to keep you warm! It’s awesome for lunches, dinner, and great to make in large batches!
Recipe Creator: Move & Munch
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 3 Leeks
- 8 small Russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup dairy free butter
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups Almond milk
- Cut off the dark green part of the leek then cut off the very end. Keep the part that is white to pale green. Slice the leeks horizantally and wash thoroughly in a bowl with cold water. *** This step is very important because leeks hold their dirt with in their layers so wash well.***
- Heat butter in a pot, add leeks and cook for 20 minutes on low heat. (This helps bring out the flavor in the leeks.) For the last 2 minutes add in the garlic.
- Add veggie stock, water, and potatoes (washed and peeled). Add seasoning. Cook for 50 minutes on low heat.
- After everything has cooked, turn off fire and use a hand blender to blend the soup into a smooth consistency. (If you don’t have a hand blender you can let the soup cool a little then pour into a regular blender.)
- Add almond milk, stir, and enjoy!
***The bread bowl pictured is from Panera. If you ask they will scoop and cut it for you lol, and it was super cheap.***